December 19, 2007

Whoppers...

Bug is in the midst of telling some tall, very tall tales mixed with possible facts. I thought some of you might appreciate this story. On Sunday, I was upstairs, Paul was downstairs with T, when there was a sudden thundering of noise down the stairs. Bug quickly announced, "I'm okay, I just fell down the stairs backwards (he gets that from me!)" So I rushed to his aid, and he was indeed fine and I'm not sure what happened so I asked, "What happened?" He replies: "It was a (and I quote) small speck of dust and then I slipped and fell down the stairs backwards."

That's right. It was "a small speck of dust"! Now it is isn't impossible for it to have been a "small speck of dust" as many, accumulating "small specks" are around my house, but truth will remain known only to Bug. Along with another plausible explanation like "T (the baby who has no hair, teeth, and does not walk (but does sit)) pushed me down the stairs...."

5 comments:

Merrilee said...

I love that Bug! He is soooo clever, which he also gets from you. :) You better keep an eye on him, or else the dust bunnies will. :)

Matt "The Bull" said...

da gum, if a small speck of dust can do that to a kid. its a miracle my children have survived this long.
:)

Lynn said...

A. blames things on M. all the time, things that he is physically incapable of, but I encourage creativity.

Once I told my parents that a deer jumped out in front of me when I was driving and that's how I wrecked the car, instead of the truth being that I was going to fast to negotiate the turn. But over the years I have begun to believe that there actually may have been a deer there meanwhile the story as told by my family is now that a "three-legged deer with a glass eye" jumped out in front of me.

Chris said...

With all those bumps and bruises, have the cops shown up at your house yet to make sure everything is OK.

BugHunter said...

I'm surprised to see people encouraging lying. Cute? Creative? Clever? Seriously? And people call me a cynic, looks like I have good reason to be.

If the good people don't put any stock in integrity and honesty, well...we're screwed. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised at our options for politicians these days, maybe they really are the best we have to offer.