September 6, 2008

Let Them Be Little

On Thursday, September 4th, I sent my Bug to preschool. He's just going for half-days on Tuesday & Thursdays, but it gave me great pause to think about how fast he's grown. I DID NOT CRY because he was so excited and with T on my hip, it's hard to cry about anything except getting out of there before he rips down the pictures on the bulletin board. Anyhow, I staved off the emotion until I got home and started looking through pictures and although my ineptitude has kept me from publishing it before now, here is the result. I hope he'll enjoy a quick look back at 4.5 glorious years with many more to come and remember a few thoughts as he gets on his way.

1. Always remember you are loved...A LOT!
2. You CAN do and have it all!
3. "You're As Big As You Feel." (Stuart Little)
4. Look for the rainbow - sometimes it is behind you.
5. You can have all of the friends in the world, but you only have 1 brother.
6. Ring the bell!
7. Enjoy it now.

14 comments:

Kellie said...

Wow....nothing like a little slide show of Bug to bring on the tears. How can you not love that kid!!!

Unknown said...

Aww, what beautiful montage...
I got goosebumps thinking about how fast it goes.
Enjoy your (almost) free time!

Sarah said...

Cute, April. I think the fear of how quickly they grow keeps us in love with our kids.
And yes, we'll be here on the 21st. Lynn said you'd be visiting--it will be great to see you!! Are hubby and kids coming too?

JoMamma said...

I had never heard that song. I don't hear much music anymore, but I really liked the message. It was fun to watch the slide show and see how fast he has grown.

Melissa Oman said...

I hope he is loving school. I love your thoughts!

Betsy said...

I just found your blog! Hello, didn't know you had it!

I wanted to thank you for thinking of us and for the pizza and cupcakes. We loved it.

I'm glad your little man is liking school. They sure do grow up fast.

jbel said...

those pics were so adorable I almost found myself crying!

Matt "The Bull" said...

thanks for not letting your blog go dark,

that slideshow is priceless.
matt

Lynn said...

Will you be bringing Bug and/or T with you on your trip to WA? Just want to know what Avery should expect. Can't wait to see you!

Jenn said...

Precious. I loved the Bug slideshow. I also did get teary. Thank you, I loved it.

Todd.Melissa.Addyson.Kaitlin said...

That was great. Addyson went to school too and I did get a little teary eyed, but she told me that it was okay and I would pick her up soon. They are so honest. Can't wait to see you.

Amy Rae said...

Happiest of Birthdays to You! Hope you've had a wonderful day- I've been thinking of you! Much love!

Anonymous said...

April, just wait until he gets baptized... They weren't kidding when they phrased "They grow up so fast!" I googled you trying to find your blog so I could wish you a happy (few days late birthday). I am technology challenged so PLEASE send word of an address or Email so we can catch up. Stopped by the ol' love shack this summer and had to be goofy and take a photo op with Clint. Married 11 years next week. Who knew? Crazy fun. I hope you enjoyed your bday and you felt loved and appreciated. I miss you much! Can we PLEASE get together and talk forever? Love, Misha

FightOnLara said...

You can't tell me you don't cry watching that over and over. It's funny how much he looks like Timmy in some of his pictures. I remember when that song first came on and I actually listened to the words. I thought, We need to remember this when the boys do wrong things. Of course, minutes later I was scolding Kainoa. But still a beautiful song! :o) Hope you got my endless supply of messages on your cell!