October 14, 2007

Update...

We've had a lot going on the past couple of weeks. Mom came down to help us settle into our new house...which we still have not done, but progress has been made thanks to her expert assistance. We celebrated Paul's 30th Birthday by surprising him at work...it was a bit of a gamble, but in the end, we think it paid off nicely as his coworkers were so very nice to us and even found a way to get him out of court to come see us. This past Thursday, Bug who has been nagging us to get his training wheels off finally did and much to our surprise, took off like a wild man and hasn't looked back. All I can really say about that is again he surprises us at every turn. I think I was 6 or 7 when I learned how to ride a bike let alone without training wheels and of course a card carrying trip to the emergency room. (this was in the days before helmets). Anyhow, we still have a lot of work to do at the new house we promise pictures are on the way.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Love the video! I wanted to see more, I must confess. You are so clever to add a video on this blog! Lots are happenin' at the Fortenberry home!

BugHunter said...

There is no doubt little kids are more coordinated than we give them credit for.

I was tasked with putting the training wheels on a little bike for my brother, Jacob, who was 4 at the time. I was too lazy to do it, just to take them back off some time down the road. So I figured it would be less work just to teach him how to ride without them. It only took a few minutes of running beside him till he got the hang of it, and I saved myself having to find the tools. :)

Matt "The Bull" said...

lol, thats a great post, very hi-tech indeed, we took staley to the top of a grassy hill and let her go. she had no choice as weather to peddle or not, inertia took over.

Patriot said...

I just wanted to let you know about a giveaway I'm hosting at my site for some great American made products. Please stop by and enter!

Thank you!

Lynn said...

i've been having withdrawals with no net access the past few days but i'm glad to see you guys in action now that i'm back. paul is great...avery doen't even know how to ride a tricyle.

Lynn said...

where are you guys? not even the obligate halloween costume post?!