January 18, 2008

The Ark-like Pirate Ship Sets Sail!!!




Tomorrow is the BIG day for Bug. I'll spare you all the details (which you have heard a time or two) about the day my beautiful Bug was born. Anyhow, he's chosen to have a Pirate Party. We are having a small gathering of wild pirates and hope to have a grand time with treasure hunt, walk the plank, coloring page, and cake. So here is the cake. I know it looks a little more like an Ark than a Pirate Ship. Perhaps next year if he asks for a Pirate Party, I'll more wisely steer him in the direction of a "Noah's Ark" theme! Anyhow, it was my first true effort at making a themed cake (Ahoy! to my friend Misha who would have pulled this off easily!). I'm sure it'll be fun no matter what -- how can it not be fun? The candles light out of the side gun thingies! As long as the paper sails don't go up in flames, it should be a hit. The whole thing comes from familyfun.com. If there's a pirate party in your future, I'd go there first!




Happy 4th Birthday Bug!



3 comments:

Kellie said...

Totally impressed with the ship!

Merrilee said...

That is incredible! I love that cake and wouldn't mind one like it for myself. :) I can't believe Bug is 4!!!! That just seems wrong, and yet so right. Happy Birhtday Bug and I hope you all have fun living on the birthday high... and recovering from the party. Sounds like it was a bit wild. :) You Fortenberry's always know how to shake things up.

jbel said...

great job on the pirate cake matey! I couldn't even attempt the one for Emma's pirate party. I had my creative friend, Melissa, do the work. Way to go April!