January 7, 2008

A momentous day...



Okay, I know this will sound silly to most, but today was a truly momentous occasion. All decked out in Sunday best, Bug made his debut as a "Sunbeam"! Is it possible? My life is flashing before my eyes as I think about how short the past (nearly four) years have gone and it's as if there was no world before him. Few things in my life have been so satisfying as seeing him energetically embrace Primary(did I mention he was the best behaved boy there?). Just six weeks ago he wouldn't go to nursery by himself. So of course, even though I was excited, I couldn't help wondering into the hall to check up on the Jr primary classes . That's when I heard ruckus abounding from the ladies' room. I opened the door and found his lovely teacher and children taking their trips to the potty...I offered help and found out it was my Bug in the bathroom, so I went to check, saw he needed help him with the belt (which we will leave off next week), and he quickly said, "Mom, what are you doing here? Go back to your own class."!!!! He makes me so proud!

Other noteworthy issues:

Happy Birthday Kellie and many more!

I finally saw a pic of my 2nd cousin (is that right? Dylan Victor) and thank the Lord that another beautiful life has entered the world, born to goodly parents.

Church moved to 1:30 (from 8:30) which is sort of a good news and bad news thing!
p.s. if you missed the video of Bug riding the mechanical bull, it's still posted below!
p.p.s. Lynn, do you know what's going on with this camera? I'm getting fuzzy photos all of the time, especially with light halos?!!!

7 comments:

Merrilee said...

Those aren't light halo's April. Those are real halo's because Bug is so holy! Bless his soul for being such a good Sunbeam? Where did all the time go and how did he get so old? I'm totally lost and confused. Just think, he'll be getting his CTR ring in no time.

Merrilee said...

I did not mean the question mark after Sunbeam. Sorry!!! :) I know he is a SUPER GOOD BOY!!! Or should I say a SUGER GOOD SUNBEAM!!

melissa smith said...

Oh april I almost shed a tear!!! I am with you sister. The days are long and the years are TOO short. That is awesome he did so well. I started my own blog happyhay.blogspot .com

Lacey said...

I can't believe how time goes by so fast, he is adorable!
We moved to Denver because Josh got a great new job with GE. It was a process but we're finally here. We've always wanted to get out of KC but it never felt like the right time. Back in September he found this position and from that moment we felt like it was time. I can't believe you guys are going to make a trip up to KC and we're not going to be there.
I love looking at your blog, to see what's going on in your life and it sounds just perfect.

Lynn said...

Of course he resisted going to nursery. He knew where he should be. The policy is all wrong. Anyhow, I'm not sure about the halo affect...is your lens clean :)

I love the comment about you going to your own class. And I can't believe we have almost four year olds. Wow.

Lynn said...

effect.

and looking at it again, it doesn't look like a lens smudge. setting? i'm sure you've examined all possible options...

Chris said...

It could be a POS Camera, did you do your consumer reports research when you bought it?