June 9, 2008

Bumpers...

So, back in the day I had the reputation for being a...not bad, but not so cautious driver. With my limited radius of driving these days, I can assertively say until Saturday night, that I had at least 16 months without a scratch (make that additional scratch). Late Saturday I decided that I MUST go to the H.E.B. for their $.79/lb grapes (how could I not go?). I was going to take Paul's car, but then I accidentally woke up Baby T who has been in a foul state of mind (lasting longer than normal mood swing) and decided to take him too - the result? As I pulled out of the garage, I landed on the grass, tried to correct and "rubbed" my front bumper against Paul's rear bumper. Normally this would not even warrant a mention, but my bumper ripped completely off the front of my car (why didn't I take a picture?). Superficial scratches on Paul's bumper were wiped away, but not my bumper...the whole thing ripped off like a looseleaf sheet of notebook paper torn from the safety of the three-ring binder. Has this happened to anyone else? I had to get a ride home from church (thanks again Tracy) and own up to a major boo-boo, to Bug (and the husband). It has now been repaired and although some might have thought a new bumper was in my future, they were able to slap that baby back on for only $72. I still have no grapes or tomatoes for that matter(shouldn't someone blog about this tomato-less society we're now forced to endure?).

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Grrr. It's okay. No worries, you are brave to endure the Houston traffic! It's all good.

Who need tomatoes?! They would have made you sick anyway.

My books are: Atonement and Twilight. Highly recommended by two of my college friends: April and Merrilee. Miss you!

Unknown said...

Aww, that stinks April! I would guess that 99.9% of all drivers have done something like that at LEAST once in their driving careers (we won't talk about my making up for the other .01% of the population by wreaking everything, LOL!)

I'm glad everything is put back together and that everyone is safe!

Unknown said...

(Ugh, what's "wreaking"? I totally meant wrecking...)

Hey, do you want to go blueberry picking later on this week?

Give me a call if you do!

Lynn said...

Not only is that a great price for grapes (I love HEB) but for a new bumper as well!

I had the tiniest baby palm tree leave a giant dent in my car while I was parallel parking next to it - and didn't notice till I got home at the same time as B and he said - how did that happen? he doesn't miss a thing.

Andrea said...

I did that last year to our brand new car. That was only a month after I lost my wedding ring down the emergency brake. It was never recovered. I'm a terrible driver and rarely stay in my lane. I used to hit cars in parking lots all the time, but I've gotten better about that.

Matt "The Bull" said...

lol, well at least you don't hurt in you mario andretti state.
andrea and the ring down the emrgency break, really makes me want to hear that story and moreover what my brothers face looked like when she showed him where it was. Id like to have a crACK AT RETRIVEING IT.