June 6, 2008

Does Jesus look weird?


Bug proposed this question while getting ready for bed last night. I immediately donned the "stunned mullet" facial expression, a million thoughts go through my head beginning with is my four year old expressing disbelief in the Savior of All Mankind? Before I got wrapped up completely, I paused and asked the ever important question (to young and old alike), "what do you mean?". His response...

"You know, that he's always wearing a dress."

YES! That would definitely seem weird to a four year old boy! He knows! and I left it at that, until I told his Dad who immediately chastised me for not correcting him and immediately launched into a discussion explaining that it isn't a "dress", it's a "robe."

4 comments:

Lynn said...

oh out of the mouths of babes. personally i always feel that the prevalent pictures of Christ have his skin tone all wrong. but the hair is probably about right.

Jenn said...

This has nothing to do with your post but it has to do with mine...you are correct...I need a post about my blissful life free of school children and full of lemonade and sitting poolside. Ahhh...you are right...people need to know how happy I am!

Andrea said...

So does that mean your next FHE is going to be about the attire of biblical times? BTW, you look great in all the pictures I've seen of you lately.

Merrilee said...

Love this post! Sweet lil' Bug! At least he knows it's weird for boys to wear dresses, but cool to wear robes. :) Miss you guys!