July 7, 2008

When it rains...

Okay, so I've had a triple threat weekend and I'm here to rant about it.

1. On Saturday, our little family piled into the car for an evening at Red Robin. Where Paul's debit card was DECLINED -- hoping it was the magnetic strip, we called to find out his card had been compromised and therefore Chase Bank security put a hold on use. I'm thankful they were right there to handle it -- especially since some goof had already charged over $400 worth of shopping spree in Michigan.

2. I got home to call my brother - wondering if they could have been targets too from our boat trip on Lake Conroe and found my cell phone wet -- just laying on the counter, wet. Hmmm. No takers on the blame, cell phone is totally on the fritz, phone numbers appear to be lost, but keep hope. I do have a temporary replacement (thanks Dad).

3. After our normal routine of heading to Grandma & Grandpa's after church - where the kids and I mooch off dinner and are entertained by the Wii, I took the kids home to discover the A/C is out. That's right people. There's no enjoying a Houston summer until you've done it in your house without A/C. The upstairs was 86 degrees last night at 9 p.m. So everyone's sleeping naked. Just kidding, but pretty darn close and hoping for great resolve from our Home Owner's Warranty -- please let it be a covered expense.

Wish us luck - not much more can go wrong.

On a bright note, Paul fortuitously has today off!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh, wow April that is an awful weekend!
Here's to a much better week (enjoy having your husband home, lucky! :) )

Jenn said...

That is sad that your card was declined but good news that Chase was on it! Can you get a phone call please?! That would have been nice, right?!

A/C off is no good!!! My car a/c went out the day after we visited you and I was having no part of that. Even though it was just the car, Texas must be air conditioned.

Let me know if you need our number! We must be in contact!

Cheers for having the husband home! Yeah!!!

Andrea said...

Well, you should be pretty much done. Bad luck doesn't usually come im more than 3's, right?

JoMamma said...

I don't know what I'd do if our debit card was cancelled. I never have cash.

I've heard that bad things happen in threes. I hope that your week got better.

jbel said...

that reminds me of sleeping in our home during the Washington state summer heat-wave weeks. I think the temp was 90 degrees upstairs several nights. Drew was always on call so I'd go it alone. Since I was solo, I was afraid to sleep with windows open cause I had crazy neighbors who'd show up in the cul-de-saq around 1 am on week nights. I guess what I'm sayin is I can empathize. bathe the boys at night so they go to bed with wet hair... that'll keep their heads cool and thus their bodies. good luck with the warranty

Lynn said...

bad things always come in threes. so that should be it. the warranty should word out for you, from experience. i hope.

Lynn said...

so when i check your blog and you haven't posted in a while you usually end up posting the next day and then i'm like a week late on whatever news when i make my rounds again. so i'm going to check back tomorrow just in case history repaeats itself.

Lynn said...

nothing? okay, you must be busy watching the olympics...