October 15, 2008

Bible Talk

Okay, first things first. If you missed the pictures of my funny faced T, look down one entry.

To the matter at hand- watch out, I'm going churchy on you: I am reading the New Testament -- last night I came across the most beautiful chapter in the New Testament (feel free to disagree) in Romans, Chapter 5 (those working the KJV, it's on page 1422). Tell me it isn't amazing.

On a similar subject, I found my cousin blogging. He writes, "There is at least this thing I can think of that we cannot yet begin to practice. This thing which God does so perfectly and so completely and we fail so miserably at. Forgiveness. We speak about it. We only understand a small part of it. It is the biggest thing that sets us apart. God's capacity to forgive is so beyond our human ability that we cannot comprehend it. But when we do… When we do, we will begin to see the world and universe the way God does." He adds, "I heard someone say on the radio the other day that a good marriage is the union of two great forgivers."

I know my pride is what keeps me from forgiving and my stupidity keeps me in trouble, is it the same for most of us or otherwise? -- Not to insinuate that any of you are prideful or stupid, just kind of generalizing. I wish I could say the page was turned, but it probably isn't yet, definitely something to work toward. Thoughts on other possibly incredible NT passages?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You and your cuz are an inspiration. I'll have to read that chapter tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendation, and keep 'em coming! =)

Matt "The Bull" said...

thanks for the shout out april. I've had a pardigm shift. I have always thought that we were here to practice "commandment keeping". or "obedience". but I now realize that trite commandment keeping is but a distractor, To freely forgive, repent, and use the atonment is the real deal. Vaughn J. Featherstone said " there is nothing sweeter than the smell of cigarette smoke in church".
and so... Iam afrid we will have to sin; a lot get the real affect of the crucible. you could take this wrong.

JoMamma said...

Oh I have so much to learn. I often think that the big sins in life have passed me by. I often forget how the simple things like forgiveness are the really big issues I have and will have to deal with for the rest of my life. I guess I am a bit prideful and stupid to think that I've got it made.

FightOnLara said...

Hee haw--one of my biggest flaws is stubborness. So as that relates to forgiveness, you see where that gets me. I've gotten better at not giving Marcus the "silent treatment" as long as when we were first married (DAYS!!), but I think it's now transferred to the kids. Much to work on. And yes, that was a nice chapter. Is it not amazing how much He has done for us?

BTW, love the Featherstone quote. Took me two reads to realize what he meant. :o)