May 7, 2009

All Done!

Jen B: Goal - under 2 hours, Finish - 1:29:02.
Betsy: Definitely went swimming in Lake W. TWICE! It was gross, but we didn't get sick, so hopefully that says something.
Sarah: We had a whole training plan and I can pass it on to you -- I'm going to try to e-mail it, but you are already a superstar and the Fort L tri will be EASY BREEZY for a champ like you!
Lindsay: Couldn't and Wouldn't have done it without you!
Lara: You are not off the hook for next year.


You may have noticed a brief absence from the blog and from my commenting elsewhere -- it is mostly because I've spent a good part of the past three and a half months training for or worrying about the CB&I Sprint Triathlon that we completed last Saturday. My friend Lindsay and I put our minds to the task to complete a 500m open water swim, 15 mile bike ride and 5k. We both exceeded our expectations, we made ourselves proud and along the way recognized greatness in friends and family. Some thanks are in order and I tried to write them all down, but seriously there are too many people to thank. I hope these people know who they are. You can see some photos of me looking a bit like a wrestler in a unitard on my sis-in-law's facebook page!

Lindsay said she'd recommend it to anyone -- I second it. Although there were times when I thought I might have underestimated the task, I did something I never thought I could/would and next year you can find me there looking to improve! Visitors welcome --- train and come participate in one of USATs premier Texas Tri's.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

There is a Fort Lewis series of tris this summer. I've thought about doing one in July. Any advice or good websites for training?

You might have just inspired me to take the leap that has been beckoning for months . . .

Sarah said...

Oh yeah, and CONGRATS on you accomplishment! Triathlete or not, you've always been fan-tabulous in my eyes.

Lindsay said...

You were completely amazing! Totally shattered your goal time...and smiled while you did it. Way to be. Thanks for talking me into it.

Betsy said...

That is awesome! Did you really swim in that Northshore lake? That would be soooo scary to me!

jbel said...

so you held the apple right in front of the horse's mouth... you gave all the good details except for the most important one ... your goal time and your actual time that exceeded your goal time... give it up sister! BRAG a little. You deserve it!!!

noelle said...

april!!!!! what an accomplishment. how awesome! congrats!

FightOnLara said...

So you changed your mind and are going to do it again? Well done! Shoot, to run a 26-min 5k after all that is WAY impressive. I seriously think you should consider investing in a real road bike.

FightOnLara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Way to go. I did my 1st sprint last year and I loved it. It sounds like you did way better than me. I'd really like to do another one.

Ridd Rants & Raves said...

You're my hero! You guys are so inspiring. I'll re-read that training info...if I haven't already pushed "delete!" Congrats!

Lynn said...

Awesome. If you keep doing tri'sthen you can eat all of the leftover cake you want! Texas does have great races.