January 19, 2009

Buggy...

Okay, I know most of you think he is some sort of deranged boss of our family now, but I should have added that he is a VERY helpful clothes folder and he does a good job of it. Learning how to wash his clothes will obviously be in his future, especially since I can't keep up with the demand!(Also, for some unknown reason, he has only 1 pair of jeans, that he really, really loves!)

On another note, he is turning 5 today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUG! He was even born on Martin Luther King, Jr., day 5 years ago so it's his true birthday. We will be celebrating in the cul de sac with the neighborhood kids and anyone else who wants to come by. I've begged him to let me make his cake and he's been opposed, so we made some cupcakes which will be served with individual sized cups of Blue Bell Ice Cream (and after he went to bed, I started on the cake!)!

Since most of you have no use for the following information, feel free to drop off now, but I thought for his special day, I'd remind him of how he became known as "Bug." When I headed back to work (he was 12 weeks), my awesome Mom left her home in Washington State to watch our baby boy. To help break up their day, we sent them to "The Little Gym." The youngest class is "Funny Bugs" and they would always sing this cute song about being Bugs -- he loved it, it always soothed him, and because he was in the class at just 3 months old, he was in the "Bugs" class for a really long time. So we call him Bug. Although I realize this nickname probably has an expiration date for out in public name calling, he'll always be my favorite Bug.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow 5! Happy Birthday Bug!
Love the nickname, BTW :)

Sarah said...

Cute. I didn't know how the nickname came to be--I can just see you calling him that as your cheer for him on the basketball court in high school. You never know--my little bro had a friend named 'Bump' whose real name was Brent. It could stick.

Lynn said...

Happy Bday Baby Paul! I guess that nickname should have expired already as well. I hope you have fun and get some new favorite jeans for your bday!

April - We are now officially old.

jbel said...

I always wondered where that name came from. Know what's funny? I saw the pic and assumed you were starting Timmy on the same My Gym route you had Bug on. Ha! They look so much alike as babies.

gotta go switch the wet clothes to the dryer else E will ask me the same questions soon ... you aren't the only one who lags behind on laundry!!!!

JoMamma said...

5 years. They do grow way to fast. Happy Birthday!

Kellie said...

Has it really been five years? Wow!

Merrilee said...

Happy belated Birthday Bug! I loved when I got to go to that gym class with him! That was fun he had his bday party there too! He's always been such a good boy. Love him and I can't wait to see you all in just a few months!!

jbel said...

just saw you are on FB ... via your comment on Lynn's blog ... I'll add you- do you update that acct. more frequently? ha! I'm such a nag!