January 14, 2009

Some kind of girl...


Just seconds ago, the following took place.

Bug: Please tell me you've washed my jeans.
Me: No, sorry, I haven't gotten around to it.
Bug: How many times do I have to tell you to wash my jeans? Wash my jeans, wash my jeans, wash my jeans, wash my jeans. I already told you four times.
Me: Okay...(what more can one say?)
Pausing, no additional commentary, and then a break of the silence with the following:
Bug: What are you anyway? Some kind of girl who doesn't wash clothes?
Me: (no verbal response) Thinking: Only in my dreams.

Today's to do list:
Wash Bug's jeans (or face the wrath)!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Ay yi yi!

I think I would have responded, "No, but you're some kind of boy who is going to learn to wash his own clothes."

Hugs-- it sounds like you kept your composure!

FightOnLara said...

If ever there was a time for you to complain. . . . :o)

Who knew Bug could be so bossy! He's way too smart for his own good.

Lynn said...

He'd better get a few things up front and in writing with his wife!

But it's very funny.

Chris said...

Okay, April, you are the parent he is the child, you need to nip this in the bud, being disrespectful to parents is a sign of the times, but you can do something about this.

Melissa Smith said...

wow his wife is gonna get it

JoMamma said...

I want' to be a girl who doesn't wash clothes.

Maybe now is the time to teach him how to do the laundry. If you don't have a front loading machine you will have to get one so he can get the clothes in and out.

jbel said...

looks like HE is the "complainer in chief" of your family! ha!

Lynn said...

I hope lil' Paul doesn't mind but Ben has started using his phrase. It's not as cute when a 29 yr old man does it though...

Matt "The Bull" said...

thats funny. you better get cracken sister

Matt "The Bull" said...

I have recently come to the realization we should have a formal aggrement or contract with our wives before they choose a life of "stay at home".

Melissa Oman said...

Ha! Ha! I love it! Kids are awesome!! I think you are an awesome mom!.