November 11, 2008

So much to blog...

I have a few things that I have meant to get out here, but am too slow or ridiculous to do so. Without further ado, they greet you like a whirlwind without organization.

1. New nephew is here - his adorable picture is on the sidebar and all are happy and healthy!

2. Two weeks ago (around Oct 28th), Bug fell 12 feet into a concrete skate bowl. Luckily for us, he was wearing his helmet and endured only a hefty bruise and gnarly scrape to his elbow. Now he has to endure a 1 year hiatus from the skate park, but can do so in style because he got a new helmet out of the deal. (see pic of old helmet). Kids - wear the helmet!


3. My friends and I have completed our cake decorating course. Here is my final cake. Thanks again to Tracy who is always prepared and is creative director and to Lara who had the idea to join up in the first place! Their cakes were extra amazing so I have chosen not to post them here leaving you proud because you don't have a comparison!

4. T is ridiculously funny and crazy. Here he is dancing with our little friend - make sure to catch the huh-huh laugh at the very end!


8 comments:

FightOnLara said...

Ammunition for when they get older!

Congratulations on your newest family member! But when do we get to hear that APRIL is pregnant again?

April said...

Lara - you are the funniest! You know I have to reserve my remaining sanity for the ones I have at home!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous baby! I'm glad everyone made it through safely!

Poor Bug! Did he do that at Bear Branch? Awesome mama for making him wear a helmet!

What a pretty cake! I bet you had a blast doing the cake decorating thing-- it looks like you have a knack for it! WTG!

The McKinstry Family said...

Congrats on the new addition to the fam. It is always fun to have a nephew and you can coddle them and then give them back when they get fussy. I am glad that Bug made it through the accident, does he skateboard? That is a awesome looking cake, I wish that I could do that.

Andrea said...

Holy crap! You made that cake. I'm amazed. You're truly talented in ways I could never be.

The McKinstry Family said...

April you probably heard about Holly Schrader passing away yesterday (friday, 14th) at home. I don't have your e-mail address, so this was the only way of telling you. I have Christians address if you don't already have it and want it.

Betsy said...

Your cake is beautiful! I've always wanted to learn how to make fondant.

I'm glad that Paul is okay! How scary! In primary yesterday Sis. Fife was teaching sharing time and she asked something about why is it great that we are all different and he said..."So that we can live happily ever after." So cute!

Lynn said...

Why does he have to have a one-year hiatus from the skate park - was he banned by authorities?

Miles loves to "skateboard" like his dad- I have some good pictures of it coming up.Bug's lesson is a good one for me to get him a helmet - not that he's near a ramp or a bowl yet