November 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

A few years ago, a baby girl was born. Today, I am so lucky she was! Happy Birthday to the woman of great patience and quiet strength. To those who know her well, she is a woman of many talents and gifts. This year she celebrated her birthday in a fun-tastic way by attending the King Arthur baking course in New Hampshire with her BFF, Gayle. They had loads of fun, visited four states (you could never do that from Texas), and perfected skills at making the following from scratch (read:without mixers or bread machines): croissants, crackers, foccacia, sourdough, pizza, pear tart, apple pie.. I don't have the pictures to prove it, but I can attest that they were all extra delicious and as usual, an inspiring job.

So, of all the wishes for today (and I have a small list), at the top is a big one for my mother & Framma, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY followed by many more!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Very nice, April. And now I'm going to have to add that cooking course on my list of things to do--sounds fab! Happy Birthday to her!!

jbel said...

Happy Birthday to the most talented Army wife I know! Too bad we don't all live in Clarksburg, where I'm sure we'd have been invited to taste test!!!

JoMamma said...

What an awesome birthday gift, and you will benefit from it for years to come. I'm glad that your mom lives so close to you so you can give her a huge hug for her special day.

Happy Birthday

FightOnLara said...

Happy Birthday April's mom and I'm so jealous you got to go to a bread class (Michael's?). You've raised a fabulous daughter!

Matt "The Bull" said...

yeah happy birthday aunt Connie, My only aunt that can play tetris.