September 20, 2007

John Adams

I finished the John Adams book this morning, which is a good thing since it's due at the library today. I cannot recommend this book enough and strongly suggest you purchase it because it is meaty and thoughtful. One last quote from the book comes from page 650 and a letter written to his granddaughter

"The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think, and the more anxiously I inquire, the less I seem to know...Do justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly. This is enough..."

2 comments:

Merrilee said...

I'm so glad you loved it! It is a Feller Family Favorite! And you being part of our family it is necessary for you to have read and loved it!

Happy Birthday!!!!

Loves,
Merr

Lynn said...

I remember my dad reading this book not to long ago, I'll have to borrow it.

I guess it was your bday yesterday...(thanks Merilee for the hint) so hope it was a great one.