September 27, 2007

Beware...vent session

I wouldn't get too far out on a limb and call myself a genius, one of superior intellect, but I would say that with my average intelligence, I've managed to get along in life quite nicely. Working for the same company for 7 years before taking on the task of raising my two boys as a full time Mom. Yesterday when our Mortgage Loan Officer was trying to play me for a fool, he said, "Ms. Fortenberry, what's your business?" I said, "What?" He repeated himself and I, sensing where he may be going with this pronounced my previous employment of 7 years with a major Defense Contractor to which he retorts, "well, that's nice, my business is the mortgage loan business" as if to say, "FOOL!" Well, I'm not a fool. Our MLO is actually trying to pull the wool over my eyes, but he's messed with the wrong Domestic Engineer. Staying at home is more difficult than all 7 years of working to include when I was working full time and attending school at a rate of 11-15 credits four out of five weeknights. Take that MLO. Full time Moms are not inept morons with nothing better to do. Here's to ALL Moms out there who are skilled, gifted women with great minds and have been played by ridiculous service industry people who have NO idea that the most capable person on the planet is a Mom. Moms for President.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

April. Have I ever told you I think you ARE a genius. Of course, I agree completely. I was just telling Matt to get on the horn with St Lukes or Memorial Harmon.

Lynn said...

I feel this way ALL THE TIME. Sometimes I just want to yell "I have a Masters Degree" as if that somehow makes me smarter or more important...but people don't respect moms who stay home, no matter what education or awesome jobs we have/had. Kinda like Will Farrell does on Sat. Night Live. when he's validating his status to his kids.. "I drive a Dodge Stratus!" I love the vent session. Thank you.