September 20, 2007

My favorite scout...

We love our Dad, Paul Sr. Here are some pictures of Bug and Timmy with Dad. Additionally, as the assistant Den Leaders for the Cub Scouts, we go every Wednesday to an activity. I usually take Bug to Wolf Scouts (8 yr olds) and Paul takes Timothy to WeBeLos (10-11). Bug so very much wants to be a part of the Cub Scouts. He's working on memorizing the Cub Scout promise and knows the Cub Scout sign. He's hoisted the U.S. Flag on the church flagpole and participated in the "feats of skill" obstacle course. The boys earn stars for wearing their shirt, bringing their book, and good behavior. Bug cannot be left out, but I couldn't legitimately buy him his own shirt...he's only 3. Fortunately, after one call to Grandma, I dug out the Paul Sr. memory box and procured his Cub Scout shirt from some 22 years ago. Bug wore it with great pride to Cub Scouts last night and to the amazement of the other scouts who thought he had already earned all of his awards! When we got home, Paul wanted to wear it to sleep. Thank goodness for this shirt! I see many great scout memories to be made a second time around.



1 comment:

Lynn said...

I see your family has decided which TX team they are going to root for. I love Paul in the Scout shirt and he'll probably have his Eagle by 8! And I thought I was bad getting Avery in primary a year early...:)